Interested in becoming a Software Developer at Aaron’s? As a Software Developer, you will be a part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Software Developer will provide technical guidance to teammates through coaching and mentorship. Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Provide technical guidance to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Prepare documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Leading peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Adhere to high-quality lean development principles while delivering solutions on time
- Providing first-level support to business users
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products and/or solutions
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Core Competency Requirements:
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C#.
- In depth, knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .NET technologies including WCF, WPF, WF, LINQ and EF.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with automated testing; working on an agile team; multi-threading and concurrency; debugging, performance, profiling and optimization.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Experience configuring and developing customizations for a wide range of Microsoft platforms.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Ongoing training and development
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- A drug screen and criminal background investigation are required before beginning employment at Aaron’s. A job performance reference check is also required.
- Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Aaron's, Inc.
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what is right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment, which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.