Open to candidates based in Vancouver, BC, Alberta or Canada (Remote)
We are looking for a Software Developer, specializing in device side agent development, to join one of our scrum teams in Vancouver.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and shape the future of our flagship product – Absolute 7. You will work as part of a scrum team, participating in planning and executing sprints. You will contribute to design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base.
If you are a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments, you will feel right at home on this team.
- Translate application user stories into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable agent software that runs on Linux, MacOS, and/or Windows devices and communicates to a cloud based SaaS environment
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Document the investigation, root cause, solution, and design
- Write and maintain high quality unit tests and perform code reviews
- Follow the Absolute Secure Agile SDLC, and the Definition of Done
What you will need:
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Software Systems Engineering or equivalent
- 5 – 10 years of software development experience in a professional capacity
- Proficient in at least one of C/C++, Objective C and/or Swift; using Visual Studio or Xcode
- Experience developing applications on at least two of Windows, Linux, and MacOS devices
- Experience developing communications protocols over TCP/IP, HTTP, and TLS
- Experience with multithreaded programming, thread safety, communication, and optimization
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and development/deployment tools like Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, ArgoCD
- Ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical team membersWhat will help you succeed:
- Experience working on a large SaaS product with millions of devices under management
- Experience with SQL and Mongo DBs
- Experience with secure communication and encryption standards – TLS, PKI, FIPS 140-2
- Experience with cloud computing, AWS, Azure, Load Balancers, Proxies, Service Mesh
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose – CA, Boulder – CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin – TX, Reading – UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.