Open to candidates based in Remote Canada or Remote US(remote, in office or hybrid status is available).
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead a high performing agent development team. You’ll work closely with your team, product managers, designers, program managers, and other engineering teams to develop products and infrastructure services that delight our customers in the cloud, at scale.
You’ve been a high performing coder in the past. You enjoy the fact that you can understand (almost) everything your team does and explain it to those who do not. You thrive on staying technically involved, reviewing code and designs, and stepping in to help when needed.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- The design, integration, and performance of your team’s features
- Release planning, execution, and risk management
- Customer and operational support to ensure your team’s features work as expected
- Promoting, contributing to, and improving code reviews, design reviews, and product quality
- Growing and developing a team of talented and motivated software and test engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Fostering a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Absolute’s values
- Facilitating personal and professional growth for your team of engineers through active mentorshipExperience You’ll Need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional experience in the software development industry
- 5+ years as a Team Leader or Manager in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- 5+ years experience as a software developer in C/C++, C#, Java, Objective C, Swift or equivalent
- Development and deployment of applications on Windows, Linux, and/or MacOS clients
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and/or MacOS internals
- Building enterprise/consumer software at scale
- Proficiency with software design and architecture
- Ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Secure communication and encryption standards – TLS, PKI, FIPS 140-2
- Working with SQL and Mongo DBs
- Bonus: working on a large SaaS product with millions of devices under management
- Bonus: cloud computing, AWS, Azure, Load Balancers, Proxies, Service MeshWhy Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era. So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose – CA, Boulder – CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin – TX, Reading – UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.