Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Are you bored of working in ecommerce, or a small functionality of a big product where you don’t see your impact? If your answers are yes, please read on!
As a core member of Accolade’s data platform team you will be designing, building and delivering V1 cloud native, service-oriented products to meet the growth trajectory of the company in data ingestion, processing and business intelligence needs. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into world class software with the latest technologies.
What does the day to day of the role look like:
- Interface with end users to gather, understand and translate requirements into the Agile delivery process
- Work closely with other Data Platform engineers to provide data requirements
- Work closely with product owners, designers, other developers, architects, quality engineers, and DevOps to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems
- Design and implement highly performing ETL used internally by Operation, Product teams
What kind of projects will you support?
- Building generic ingestion engine, data processing through AWS EMR, synchronizing data between up and down streams; AWS RDS, Dynamo, ElasticSearch, RedShift, s3, and dockerizing anything running in production
What key things will you accomplish?
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of data engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
What do you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we’re looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has a good deal of experience with SaaS applications, as indicated by the following attributes
- 8+ years software development experience
- Strong experience in database technologies (SQL / MySQL) and data integration
- Strong experience with scripting languages; Python and Shell Script
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on experience with Hive and Pig
- Experience in real stream processing with Spark/Kafka/Kinesis (nice to have)
- Experience in building and working in a heavy agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Self-driven and ability to lead complex projects
- Ability to influence others and direction of projects
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent leader with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven
- A quick learner with a passion to challenge him/herself outside of the comfort zone.
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customer
- Locally-based applicants highly preferred (Seattle)
Qualifications:Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.