The world of healthcare is becoming more and more data driven. If you are looking for an opportunity to completely reinvent healthcare and be a part of the artificial intelligence revolution, let’s talk!
This Software Development Engineer position will be responsible for the design, architecture and development of services and applications for a critical rule based engine and configuration system. As a valuable member of the team, you will drive multiple product feature areas end-to-end. You will create an exceptional experience for authoring business and clinical rules, build an event driven service to model health care rules, and manage back end storage to efficiently maintain a scalable service and experience.
What the day to day of the role looks like:
- Work with Product Management and Development Lead to define the scope and requirements
- Work with Development Lead to effectively Design, Architect and plan the delivery of the proposed scope
- Help with hiring and building a team to deliver the product
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality for team and as an individual.
- Effectively communicate the status, manage expectations for the stake holders, demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in the areas of technical ownership
What do you bring to the table:
- Experience in designing, architecting, and developing scalable services and storage
- 6+ years of experience in building web services, REST APIs, and general backend infrastructure is required.
- Solid understanding of full stack web development on Open Source Technologies and Java
- Distributed database technologies such as RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora etc. on AWS
- Previous background on SQL Server and on Machine Learning tooling is a definite plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in building and working in a highly agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible Desire and willingness to work in an Agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Strong foundation on Modern DevOps culture
- Experience in Healthcare especially with HIPPA compliance system is preferred
- Experience in BPM (Business Process Management) systems such as Drools, PegaSystems, InRule, SAS, is nice to have.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent engineer with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customers
- Locally-based (Seattle) applicants highly preferred
Values we admire:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.