Actify has an opportunity for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our team and work on the development of major features in our new applications. Actify Automotive Program Management Suite (APM Suite) is a new-to-market, Azure-hosted, cloud-based web application that supports the automotive program management process for automotive suppliers around the world.
Our front-end technology stack is built on Angular and supported by .Net Core Web APIs. Our database is built using ArangoDB (a hybrid document and graph database) for which we maintain our own open-source driver arangoDB-net-standard.
The Senior Front-End Engineer will report to the APM Suite Engineering Manager. Duties undertaken will include:
- Helping to determine high-level requirements and translating them into design and development proposals
- Designing and implementing front end components and infrastructure for major new features in our applications
- Communicating technical decisions through design docs, tech demos and presentations
- Mentoring junior engineers via pairing, design review and code review
Skills and Experience
Engineers at Actify have a broad knowledge of a range of computing concepts including UI design, data structures and algorithms, databases and distributed systems. Our core values require that everyone in the Engineering organization strives to be:
- attentive to detail
- always learning
- effective in communication
- intellectually honest
In addition to the above, the candidate must have:
- Extensive programming experience in HTML5, CSS3, SCSS (or similar)
- Solid understanding of Angular (7 or above)
- Experience with client-side architecture and design patterns
- Experience with RXJS (or similar)
The following would also be beneficial:
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming, in a language such as C#, Java or C++
- .Net Core, .Net Framework, .Net Standard
- Developing Web APIs
- ArangoDB, or other graph databases
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or IT-related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years in front-end web application development
This position is based in the UK, preferably near our office in Edinburgh, Scotland. We accommodate telecommuting within the UK only, including fully remote staff.
Occasional international travel will be required.
As well as a competitive salary, our employees receive the following benefits:
- Generous time off with flexible holidays
- Flexible working arrangements and remote work
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and time for learning and personal development
- Private health insurance
- Paid family benefits
For over 15 years, Actify has been helping manufacturers to visualize and interact with design, engineering, and manufacturing information. Now Actify is applying everything we have learned to equip automotive suppliers with enterprise-grade solutions to meet the challenges of program-based manufacturing. Once again, we’re forging partnerships with leaders and innovators in the supplier community to create a new class of software, Actify Automotive Program Management, that speeds operations, improves productivity, and supports continuous improvement.
Actify serves a global customers base, over 85% of whom are in the automotive supply chain. Actify is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with its R&D center in Edinburgh, Scotland, and sales and support locations in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Employees of Actify share these common values:
- Invested in Customer Success – We are dedicated first and foremost to our customers. We seek relationships based on long-term value, not transactions.
- Responsive – We listen, learn, and follow through to help our customers solve problems. We are always open to finding a better way.
- Collaborative – It is central to how we do things; the more and better the dialogue and teamwork among ourselves and with our customers, the better the outcome. We want to build a customer community.
- Honest and Transparent – Our customers respect the fact that we speak plainly, directly, and truthfully.