adjoe is a leading mobile ad platform developing cutting-edge advertising and monetization solutions that take its app partners’ business to the next level. Part of the applike group ecosystem, adjoe is home to an advanced tech stack, powerful financial backing from Bertelsmann, and a highly motivated workforce to be reckoned with.
Meet Your Team: Cloud Engineering
The Cloud Engineering team is the core of adjoe’s tech department. It is responsible for the underlying infrastructure that helps adjoe’s developers to run their software – and the company to grow its business.
From various AWS services to Kubernetes and Apache foundation open source projects, the team continuously validates new cloud and architecture services to efficiently handle a huge amount of data. Cloud Engineering tackles the challenge of choosing when to use self-hosted or managed services to reduce $300K of monthly hosting costs, while still ensuring convenience and data security for adjoe’s developers.
Because adjoe needs to ensure high-quality service and minimal downtime to grow its business, Cloud Engineering invests heavily in monitoring and alerting technologies for insights into system health (networking, application logs, cloud service information, hardware, etc.). The cloud engineers also provide working solutions, knowledge, and documentation to the entire community of adjoe developers, giving them the autonomy to work on the infrastructure themselves and ensure the smooth sailing of adjoe’s systems.
What You Will Do:
- You will work together with three other experienced DevOps engineers to reinvent our cloud infrastructure by introducing new technologies and improving the existing environment.
- You will help transfer our current managed AWS cloud infrastructure to self hosted and open source technologies: We believe a hybrid combination between managed and self hosted provides the best cost/efficiency ratio.
- Support our developers in building a high-performance backend with Go (based on our existing backend structures separated over several globally located datacenters)
- Collaborate with experts from different technological backgrounds and countries, learn from highly experienced colleagues and share your knowledge.
- Work with our current tech stack: Go, DruidDB, Kafka, DynamoDB, ScyllaDB, RDS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gitlab, ECS, EMR, Lambda, and complex CI/CD pipelines.
- Introduce new technologies: Including migrating part of the architecture to our new Kubernetes and Kafka clusters and introducing Apache Spark/Flink, and our own hosted object storage.
Who You Are:
- You like the best of both worlds: you want to improve the scalability, Cloud infrastructure, but you are still interested in coding (golang, python, JS, etc…)
- You have deep understanding of Kubernetes & ECS
- You have deep understanding of the AWS ecosystem and infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Deep understanding of Kafka clusters and running them on Kubernetes
- You have good knowledge of microservice architecture and communication (e.g. queues, distributed storage, sqs, rabbitmq etc.)
- Plus: Knowledge about network stack, vpn, and network encryption
Heard of Our Perks?
- Tech Package: Create game-changing technologies and work with the newest technologies out there.
- Work–Life Package: Work remotely for 2 days per week, enjoy flexible working hours and 30 vacation days, modern office in the city center, dog-friendly.
- Relocation Package: Receive visa and legal support, a generous relocation subsidy, and free German classes in the office.
- Never-Go-Hungry Package: Graze on regular company and team lunches, free breakfasts, and a selection of free snacks and drinks.
- Health Package: Get fit with our gym membership subsidy and biweekly yoga classes.
- Activity Package: Enjoy a host of team events, hackathons, and company trips.
- Career Growth Package: Dedicated growth budget to attend relevant conferences and online seminars of your choosing.