Since 2013 Aimsio’s software has been helping heavy industrial businesses maximize revenue from field operations by improving communication between off-site locations and head offices. We are a B2B SaaS company about to take the next big step toward disrupting a sector that is ready for digital transformation. We’re ready to take on the world and we’d like you to join us!
The role: Are you up for the challenge?
Our platform team builds and maintains the Aimsio foundation. Our software is a complicated, multi-faceted B2B product that solves many problems for our clients. You’ll work with a small and busy team to help add new functions and introduce improvements to our Web application. You will be working closely with the team to deliver scalable and reliable code. One thing’s for sure, any improvements you make will be greatly appreciated by either our external customers or our internal customers, so it’s a win-win if you want your code to be used and valued.
Responsibilities: How you will make a contribution?
- Collaborate with team members and other internal teams to identify problems. This could be missing features in the product, limitations with the current designs, or bugs in the application.
- Design, develop, and document solutions using Java Enterprise Technologies. Contribute to the breaking down, planning, scheduling, and delivering of projects.
- Ensure well-designed, reusable, and scalable solutions. Provide recommendations to improve the reliability, efficiency, and quality of the application.
- Write code to develop new features or improve existing services using best-practice design patterns. Write unit and integration tests for your code and perform manual system tests. (We have an amazing QA team, but you still need to guarantee quality in everything you do!)
- Analyze and improve database queries and database designs.
- Learn and use new technologies as needed.
- Help team members grow in their careers and improve their skills. Perform code reviews.
Qualifications: Do you have what it takes?
- Mastery of Java with experience developing server-side applications using the common frameworks and libraries
- 3+ years of software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Proficiency in MySQL and database design
- Hands-on experience with Hibernate, Spring, or other ORMs
- Solid understanding of software development practices and design patterns
- Strong time management and organizational skill to drive projects to completion
- Fast and independent learner who uses creativity to answer questions and solve problems
- Experience of RESTful APIs and Web services
- Ability to read code and understand, analyze, and debug source
- Proven record of success with web application development is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
Going forward, Aimsio will be Remote First which means we’re flexible about where you live in Canada as long as you have a place in your home you can work from. However, we can currently only consider candidates who are legally able to work for us in Canada without requiring sponsorship.
Compensation: get rewarded
You will receive a competitive base salary and our full health and wellness benefits plan. Our employee benefits include full health and dental; a wellness account; paid sick, vacation, paid time off between Christmas and new years, and flex; and a RRSP/TFSA Group Savings plan.
To apply, please include in your resume IN PDF FORMAT, a cover letter, and any social media links you are willing to share that will help us learn about you, your past accomplishments, and your enthusiasm for life!
Give us a creep. We’re on Instagram (aimsio_inc), Facebook (@aimsio) and Twitter (@aimsioinc). And please check out our Careers page, too: https://aimsio.com/careers/