· Direct technical setup and maintenance of a continuous integration and delivery environment and methodology
· System/application design and development, unit testing, QA and user-acceptance testing support, implementation, and integration
· Provide technical guidance and direction to other IT and non-IT staff members
· Participate in project planning and requirements definition
· Customer support for, and technical expertise in, end-user decision support software tools and end-user computing technology
· Conduct all activities in accordance with standards and procedures
· This position can be on-site, fully remote, or a hybrid of the two.
1. Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with Allen Press, Inc. team values in alignment with Company’s Mission.
2. Assist in maintaining a safe work environment by reporting any actual or potential hazards to the Safety Coordinator, the Safety Committee, or senior management.
3. Utilize Quality Improvement /Lean practices to improve efficiency, eliminate waste, and exceed customer expectations. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
4. Design, develop, test, deploy, and support new software solutions and changes to existing software solutions
5. Troubleshoot technical issues in a variety of application environments including system configuration, software and database systems, and data integrity/conformity
6. Mentor team members and provide thoughtful discussion on tactics and strategies as they are selected
7. Translate business requirements into components of complex, loosely-coupled, distributed systems
8. Research and integrate new technologies based on evolving trends in software development
9. Create documentation for IS-focused system and software administration
1. B.S. in computer science or related fields or an equivalent amount of application development experience
2. 5 or more years work-related experience
3. 3 or more years of experience in enterprise application development in the.NET environment
4. Strong understanding of object orientated heuristics and design patterns (especially MVC)
5. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft .NET programming languages (preferable Core version) including ASP.NET
7. Experience with ADO.NET/ORMs (preferably Entity Framework)
8. Familiar with Service Orientation/RESTful Patterns and Concepts/API Design Fundamentals
9. Familiar with Dependency Injection and unit testing (Unity or Ninject)
11. Familiar with version control systems and tools including Subversion, Git, and Microsoft Visual Studio Online
13. Familiar with mobile development platforms
14. Familiar with database development/tuning in MS SQL Server platform, T-SQL, stored procedures, data warehousing/ETL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX