We are looking for passionate, customer-focused, self-driven engineers to join our software development teams working on the Linux kernel, operating systems, virtualization, hypervisors, and the platform technologies that power AWS. You will participate in full development cycle from design and implementation to deployment and operations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience with a vibrant and fast-growing company.
The Compute-Capsule team focuses on exploring and building new light-weight virtualization capabilities for EC2, with an emphasis on micro-kernels, device models, APIs, IO emulation, and defense in depth features. This team creates the very core of the cloud, and is directly responsible for radically changing and improving the way that people use computers – come help us make history!
Your main responsibility is to create customer value. You will:
- Understand our customers’ needs and build new features to meet them;
- own and automate operations;
- contribute new ideas and methods to continuously improve quality and development efficiency;
- innovate in the area of light-weight virtualizaton.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience focused on Linux and C or C++.
- Proficient in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and management tools.
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on Linux and C or C++.
- Expert in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and management tools.
- Comfortable in defining and driving the team’s technical road-map.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A solid understanding of Linux virtualization, networking and OS internals, and kernel.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
- Experience in working with the open source community.
About Amazon Development Center Romania, Bucharest
At the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on compute platforms, with special focus on software virtualization technologies, security, and global-scale tooling for the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). As a part of the EC2 Kernel and Operating System organization, we own, drive, and invent the building blocks that are the foundation of the cloud.