We’re working on the future and it’s still Day 1. Come join us and make history!
Here at Alexa AI, all the models that drive Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding for Alexa require a massive amount of distributed computing power. Creating an efficient computational platform architecture that serves both experimental and production use-cases entails solving a wonderfully fun and challenging set of problems. We build well-intentioned and scalable software to secure, provision and distribute complex workloads on massively paralleled GPU-accelerated computing clusters used by thousands of Amazon’s Machine Learning scientists and engineers. This is an environment where you can pursue and expand an ML science career, and being at the forefront of modeling and product innovation in our industry. We are seeking outstanding Business Intelligence Engineers to model machine learning usage patterns, help prescribe ML compute requirements, and participate in defining the innovation roadmap for Alexa AI.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be a key member of the Org, which includes software engineers, ML scientists, fellow business intelligence and data engineers. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, data engineering skills and importantly an uncanny knack and passion for turning qualitative analysis and observations into diagnostics and metrics. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and someone who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, driven by a desire to innovate and move fast.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
1. Be a thought leader: Interface with business partners, architect, design, implement, and support BI projects & tools that derive customer shopping insights and shape business decisions
2. Dive Deep, Raise the bar and insist on high standards: Recognize and adopt best practices in analysis and reporting, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
3. Deliver Results: Be inspired by the motto of Customer First, use outstanding business acumen, technical and analytical skills to drive real, actionable results.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
· 5+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
· Experience in data analysis or technical issues and developing solutions
· Experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions
· Knowledge with SQL, Linux, OLAP, and Relational, NoSQL & Multi-dimensional Databases, Big Data
· Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
· Coding experience in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with datasets
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools like QuickSight, Tableau
· Proven ability at looking at solutions in unconventional ways and see opportunities to innovate and can lead the way
· Explicit industry experience with spoken language understanding systems
· Master’s degree or PhD or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar
· Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure including S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and RDS