Enjoy Big Data, like to work on cutting edge technologies or create new, better, smarter algorithms layered on existing cool tech? Are you smart and eager and want a team that is going places (oh and supporting the biggest data geeks in Amazon – Economists & Machine Learning Scientists!)? If yes keep reading!
The Economics team at Amazon works with senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, supply chain, traffic, search, pricing, cloud computing, third party merchants, Kindle and operations. Amazon economists apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, online advertising, supply chain network planning and other areas.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with economists, machine learning scientists and other SDEs across the company to develop, test, and deploy services that implement a wide range of econometric and machine learning models. This requires the use of sophisticated distributed systems, the processing and visualization of Big Data and application of advanced statistical techniques. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain.
· 6 or more years’ experience in software development
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
· Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C++, C#, or C
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Cassandra or other Big Data processing platforms
· Database design experience (SQL/NoSQL)
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers and had high impact
· Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: econometrics, statistical modeling, machine learning, data mining
· Broad ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation