Do you love games? Do you like working in a startup environment? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of voice-first games and entertainment? Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Alexa, Fire TV, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games. Then you should join our team! Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
Key job responsibilities
• Think big, bringing fresh ideas and interactions that make Alexa skills development easy and intuitive
• You take a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
• You understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
• You are a key influencer in team strategy.
• You bring perspective and provide context to guide future technology choices.
• Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
• You drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
• When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
• You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
• You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful
A day in the life
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams within Amazon. You will gain an understanding of how Alexa operates and help establish an entirely new category for gaming. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and help make a positive impact on millions of customers.
About the team
The AED Games team mission is to bring the best gaming experiences to Alexa customers on all Alexa Enabled Devices (AEDs). You will join a small, early-stage team for a new strategic initiative focused on the intersection of Alexa, video games, and gaming consoles. You will be on the team responsible for advancing our journey to make Alexa more useful for video gamers on all Alexa enabled devices. You’ll get to work on the latest Amazon devices and craft compelling and memorable experiences for customers around the world.
1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service APIs.
Development experience with Linux and embedded operating systems.
Development experience with communications products (e.g. IP messaging, voice , and video).
Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented (OO) design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24×7 production software systems.
• Bachelors, Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience with Alexa skills development
• The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,200 – 160,000[yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
• The pay range for this position in New Jersey is $158,100 – $213,000 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.