The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Amazon is seeking an exceptional, entrepreneurial software engineer who will be part of a start-up group that’s defining and building cutting-edge products and services capabilities supporting Amazon’s current and future transportation initiatives.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building world-class iOS apps . The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
You will be:
· Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of a mobile app that enables innovative package delivery experience
· Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Leading architecture and design of new and current systems, from conception to launch
· Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 3+ years professional experience in leading software development building consumer-facing iOS apps
· 5+ years overall software development experience
· Strong development and debugging skills using Objective-C
· Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· Have designed and developed a complete iOS app from top to bottom
· Web Services experience as it relates to mobile apps
· Experience in Android development
· Experience in mentoring junior engineers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.