The Amivero Team
Amivero’s team of IT professionals delivers digital services that elevate the federal government, whether national security or improved government services. Our human-centered, data-driven approach is focused on truly understanding the environment and the challenge, and reimagining with our customer how outcomes can be achieved.
Our team of technologists leverage modern, agile methods to design and develop equitable, accessible, and innovative data and software services that impact hundreds of millions of people.
As a member of the Amivero team you will use your empathy for a customer’s situation, your passion for service, your energy for solutioning, and your bias towards action to bring modernization to very important, mission-critical, and public service government IT systems.
- US Citizenship Required to obtain Public Trust
- Bachelor’s degree
Our Full Stack Developer will have expertise with Agile Methodology and have the opportunity to join a passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
What Your Day Might Include…
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes. Responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
You will Bring These Qualifications…
- Demonstrated professional experience with our tech stack: PostgreSQL, Java spring-boot[KS(1] , Angular.
In-depth knowledge of the Angular framework and Angular Material, as well as experience creating RESTful services using Java and spring-boot.
- Knowledge of creating Angular components, services, good understanding of state management and UI performance
Creating reusable libraries, develop interactive and responsive interfaces, implement complex solutions, encouraging quality code through conducting reviews/leading tests, and applying beautiful visualizations to solutions
- Implement new features by transforming mockups into fully functional user interfaces integrated with API enabled microservice built on Spring-boot/Java based backend[KS(2]
- Demonstrated professional experience with developing SPA (Single Page Application) using a modern UI framework (Angular and Angular Material), backed by RESTful services
- Bridge the gap between user interface design and technical implementation
- Passion for user experience and user-centric development
- Continuously research new and best coding practices
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Strong communication skills that include leading design-related conversations, ability to build and nurture good relationships and foster an environment for collaboration
Object oriented design and development (OODD) expertise, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Experience with SQL or PL/SQL Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL Server databases a plus.
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Amivero complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.