Are you ready to make a global impact? Ample, inc. is a cutting-edge electric vehicle battery swapping company at the forefront of sustainable transportation solutions. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to clean and efficient mobility by revolutionizing the way EVs are powered. At Ample, we utilize advanced robotics to enable rapid and cost-effective modular battery swapping, making powering your electric car as convenient as a gas station visit. Our passionate team of technologists, designers, and environmental advocates is dedicated to addressing one of the most pressing challenges of our era. Join Ample and be part of our mission to make this accessible to billions of vehicles worldwide.
About the Role:
At Ample, you’ll be part of a forward-thinking team dedicated to making a meaningful impact on the world. Our commitment to sustainability and cutting-edge technology offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of transportation. We value diversity, innovation, and collaboration, and we provide a supportive work environment where your ideas can thrive.
What you’ll do:
- Be hands-on to tackle and solve an array of practical electro-mechanical technical problems.
- Implement cloud or client-side applications to coordinate the motion between multiple moving systems.
- Take the driver seat of designing thorough test procedures and tooling for validating production systems.
- Communicate across mechanical, electrical, and software domains to investigate and understand underlying designs.
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- Ability to take an abstract problem and break it down into an implementable system – starting with a scrappy approach and progressively building it up into a sophisticated solution.
- Analyze dependencies and interactions between multiple robotic systems and creatively overcome limitations of individual systems through orchestration, fusion or design of missing components.
- Communicate across mechanical, electrical, and software domains to investigate and understand underlying design decisions.
- Comfortable with debug, testing and verification at multiple levels of software development and integration for physical systems.
What you’ll bring:
- BS with 5+ years of industry experience or MS with 3+ years of industry experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Working experience in at least one of the following :
- Navigation and controls for multi-axis motion systems
- Feedback sensors and motor sizing for electromechanical systems
- Motor control and communication protocols
- Model-Based development and simulation for electromechanical systems
We are an equal opportunity and E-verified Employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status.