Senior Software Engineer – Fullstack
Do you want to play a key role in establishing a new team in Copenhagen, and become part of an accelerating journey building solutions on the latest advances in cloud development, analytics applications, IoT sensors and cutting-edge technologies?
Owned by the Canon Group and built on Google Cloud, we are a passionate team of security and cloud experts delivering the next generation of cloud-based video surveillance, access control and video analytics – all on one unified, intuitive platform. We help organizations eliminate complexity, reduce maintenance, and save costs while improving safety and optimizing business operations. Originating within Milestone Systems, our company spun out in 2017 and has since launched the Arcules Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) and Access Control as a Service (ACaaS) offerings.
Arcules is a US based company with headquarters in Irvine, Southern California. We are establishing a development team in Copenhagen, Denmark and are looking for candidates in Denmark. You will have the option to onboard in our headquarters for 4-6 weeks and can enjoy sunny Southern California after work and on weekends!
Overview of the Job
At Arcules, we are continuing to expand our platform and infrastructure capabilities, and you can be part of that journey. We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer with an aptitude for both frontend and backend development to help lay down the foundation for a small but dynamic team in Denmark. There will be plenty of learning opportunities as well as hands-on involvement to define the setup, working methodologies and prioritization of tasks, and drive forward key projects like integrations, APIs, and more.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative international team that strives to change the way the world looks at cloud based video surveillance. You will work on a modern solution using technologies such as:
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Helm, TerraForm, Docker
- SQL, NoSQL, graph and time series databases
- Large scale micro-service architecture with high availability
- High volume real time data flows
- Camera, IoT and access control device integrations
- REST API’s, MQTT, WebRTC, WebSockets and 3rd party integrations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Science with at least 5 years of software development experience
- Experience with HTTP, REST, WebSocket, and other web technologies.
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- VMS or security industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Working proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing