Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants. This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle: starting with user requirements, business process redesign and specifications, to continue with development, testing and application maintenance.
Are you experienced in Java and Spring Framework?
Would you like to work in a fully Agile team, for a project built with microservices architecture?
We’d like to meet you!
As a Backend Developer you will join one of our biggest cross-functional teams that is currently expanding and you will work for the development of qualitative and efficient solutions of our client’s websites.
In this role you will participate in the entire application lifecycle, from technical design and estimations, to coding and integration testing. You will be actively ensuring high code quality (unit testing, regression tests, etc.) and documenting the delivered code/solution. Additionally, you will participate in the implementation of the releases following the change & management processes and provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents for which engineering knowledge is required.
Who you are
- At least 5 years of experience as Backend Developer
- Proven experience coding with Java
- Experience working with Spring framework (Boot, Data, MVC)
- Familiar with Microservices
- Experience with REST and XML/JSON
- Strong knowledge of OO Design, UML and design patterns
- Experience in Unit Testing (e.g. JUnit, Mockito) and service testing (Postman, RestAssured)
- Experience working with version control system (e.g. GIT/Sonar)
- Familiarity working as a member of an Agile team using Scrum principles & methodologies
- Experience in IntelliJ IDEA, Jira
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team (with team members being in Greece and abroad)
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Bonus / advantage skills
- Couchbase, SQL, and NoSQL
- OpenShift Deployment
- Load testing, JMeter
- Experience with continuous integration and automated test & building
What’s in it for you
- We want you to be well compensated for what you bring in, so we offer an attractive salary package
- Not a morning person ⏰ ? Enjoy our semi-flexi working hours!
- Your health matters to us, so you’re secured with a health insurance plan from day one
- We chat a lot, so you’ll be equipped with a mobile phone & data plan
- If you’re a big foodie (like us) you’ll appreciate the ticket restaurant card to spend in restaurants or grocery shops to spoil yourself and your family
- Enjoy snacking during breaks? Grab some fresh fruits from our kitchen available in the office each week
- Developer’s fuel is coffee, and the supply source is in our kitchen!
- We are excited for challenges, so your are invited to take part in exciting projects that make a difference in peoples’ lives at national and European level
- We never stop learning and evolving! To keep up with ARHS level, join our own training sessions and online courses that we provide
- We love the ARHS vibes so we gather on a smaller and bigger occasions to celebrate good times together! Take a sneak peek and watch the video!