ASML gives the world’s leading chipmakers the power to mass produce patterns on silicon. Our tailor made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. To print microchips that are smaller, faster and more energy-efficient, the demands on these systems go beyond hardware. Software can bring our machines to the next level, and therefore software design is vital for our evolution.
Introduction to the job
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. You will be responsible for independently developing and testing the algorithms and turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules. A good candidate should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with team members.
Role and responsibilities
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will develop features and functionalities for the verification software to perform lithographic manufacturability check. You are expected to take a leading role in software design, and also to maintain and optimize base level library, SQL database, and software processing flow.
Education and experience
- PhD, M.S. or Bachelor’sin Computer Science, Electric Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas.
- Three or more year of experience in C++ and/or other object-oriented software development
- Solid understanding in data structures and algorithms
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded/parallel applications
- Familiar with SQL, UNIX environment and scripting language
- Experience in image processing, computational geometry, large data application, high performance computing and scientific simulation is a good plus
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.