- Newly created role with global reach
- Work 100% remotely or spend time in one of the city-based small offices
- Join a fast-paced growth tech business in a critical role
Assignar is a technology company building a SaaS platform that helps construction contractors run their operations. Our mission is to empower our customers to build more. We build software and a platform that helps organise workers and equipment, analyse utilisation and productivity that optimises our customers’ profitability.
This is an incredibly rare and exciting opportunity to lead our global Infrastructure function through growth and innovation.
As a Senior Data Platform Engineer at Assignar, you will come on to a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business. You will be responsible for scaling Assignar’s data infrastructure, optimizing data pipelines and key data tools, as well as enabling robust business and customer analytics on product and telematics datasets warehoused by the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and implement data models to support product and analytical use-cases
- Build large scale tabular datasets from unstructured and semi-structured log data from Assignar products and systems
- 100% Data infrastructure development. Building out ETL pipelines and stream processing architectures.
- Daily Responsibilities – 90% Hands On + 10% Mentor Duties
- Leverage Terraform to automate and orchestrate ETL pipelines across multiple systems, such as Fivetran, Snowflake and AWS RDS.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong Data Engineering background leveraging various AWS services.
- BS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience building End-to-End production data pipelines to support product use-cases
- Data modeling (SQL)
- Big Data Processing technologies
- Python programming
- AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Experience working with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Authorisation to work in Australia
Desired Skills & Experience
- Relevant AWS Certification(s) in Big Data and Solution Architecture.
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps, CI/CD, GitHub Actions
What will you get in return?
- You will join a fast-paced, highly impactful business enjoying incredible success and with considerable investment
- The culture is one of hard work, ambition, openness and a sense of fun
- You will be remunerated well including with equity
- You can work anywhere in Australia
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. If you feel like you don’t meet all the criteria above, please apply anyway! We don’t want that to get in the way of meeting you.