- Newly created role with global reach
- Work 100% remotely or spend time in one of the city-based small offices
- Join a fast-paced growth tech business in a critical role
We’re a mission-led cloud-based construction tech startup. Sean McCreanor (co-founder and CEO) started Assignar in 2014 after experiencing the painful lack of offerings available to him as a contractor to run his own business operations. Cut to present and Assignar works with hundreds of customers, ranging from multinational, multi-billion-dollar companies to specialist contractors.
We’ve found product-market fit: Assignar is an all-in-one platform, now leading the way in digital construction operations built for contractors. We enable teams to have real-time visibility on jobsites to successfully schedule the right workers to the right projects, track equipment efficiently, and make well-informed, data-driven decisions for future projects.
We’re well funded. In 2021, we raised a $20 million Series B funding round. Investor demand was so high that in late 2021, we raised a $16.5 million secondary round. Our investors include Fifth Wall, Tola Capital, Ironspring Capital, OIF Ventures, Tiger Global, HighSage Ventures, and SecondQuarter Ventures.
About our Engineering Culture:
- The best ideas win – no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions – engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate – we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don’t know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held – we’re all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning – Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It’s not just about writing code or deploying features, it’s about making an impact.
About the role
That’s enough about us – let’s chat about you. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can join our efforts to lead the industry in ease-of-use and customer delight.
- Own, lead and implement cross-functional multi-engineer initiatives including high scale architecture, and web services for end-to-end user-facing functionality.
- Deliver top quality code in a timely fashion with a solid sense of prioritization.
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to get work done.
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development.
- Demonstrate great communication skills in working with technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years of experience in building web applications and services.
- Excellent back end programming skills, primarily using Python, along with Node.js and Typescript.
- Familiarity with REST and GraphQL API design best practices including Authentication, Documentation, and Monitoring.
- Several years experience building front end admin style web apps with React and Angular.
- Familiarity with feature flag-based continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience developing user interfaces using modern frameworks (we primarily use React).
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven, and make practical trade-offs based on business needs, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS platforms.
- Excellent experience with building and deploying and supporting serverless applications on AWS.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
How we’ll support you:
Starting on your first day with us, Assignar offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Remote-first culture with optional pet friendly co-working spaces. We encourage people from all locations in Australia to apply.
- Flexible work hours
- Up-skill training opportunities, coaching and training
- Equity – Everyone owns a slice of the business, no matter how senior you are or what role you’re in
- Social events – regular team events in various locations
- Laptop and Swag
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. If you feel like you don’t meet all the criteria above, please apply anyway! We don’t want that to get in the way of meeting you.