Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join the AWS Learning Services engineering team in building the next generation of learning systems that will reach millions of our customers and partners as they grow their AWS skillset. We are constantly evolving our capabilities to deliver the best learning experience to enable our customers in their journey as they gain technical expertise.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, your role will be to bring your extensive experience designing, building, and operating production software to bear as the senior member of a software development team. The team will look to you to provide guidance on architectural and design decisions, technology selection, mentorship, and ways to continuously improve operational excellence, performance, scalability and cost optimization. You will serve as a mentor to other members of the team as they progress and advance in their careers. You will have the opportunity to work across teams to share best practices with other senior engineers.
You will work within a team to create new, cloud-native services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows. You will operate existing systems at AWS scale to ensure they meet and exceed our high standards for security, operational excellence and scalability. You and your team will be in the unique position of developing systems using the same modern AWS technology we enable our customers to learn. You will work with some of the best and brightest as you grow your career in a group of junior through senior level developers.
· Design, develop, and operate high scale applications from the backend to UI layer, focusing on operational excellence, security and scalability.
· Apply modern software development practices (serverless computing, microservices architecture, CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, etc.)
· Work across teams to integrate our systems with existing internal Amazon and AWS services
· Participate in technology roadmap and architecture discussions to turn business requirements and vision into reality.
· Participate in a tight-knit engineering team employing agile software development practices.
· BS in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
· 7 or more years experience developing software
· Demonstrated understanding of CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, networking, distributed systems, etc.)
· Experience and expertise in system and software design
· Proficient in software development with at least one modern language such as Java, C#, Python, or Node.js, including object-oriented design
· Ability to write logical, maintainable code
· Experience mentoring other software developers as a senior engineering leader
· Experience owning system and application architecture, from design to implementation
· Passion for building and operating highly-available services
· Experience developing cloud-native applications using AWS or other cloud providers
· Experience building RESTful web services
· Experience in web development with HTML5, JQuery, React.
· Comfortable in fast-paced, start-up like development environments
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age