We’re looking for a mid-level graphics software engineer to become a member of the Azul 3D team. You will be working on a wide range of software development projects, which includes collaborating with electrical and mechanical engineers for hardware development, chemists and material engineers for materials advancement, and product designers and engineers for the development of software in the 3D printing processes. This role will have you working on OpenGL and OpenCV projects.
This person will work within the software team to solve a never-ending supply of technical challenges as we commercialize and scale our 3D printers. S/he will report to the Director of Software Engineering and be a part of a greater multi-disciplinary team working to continually push the boundaries of what is possible in the 3D market.
Specifically, this person will:
- Experience writing OpenGL.
- Have excellent C++ language skills.
- Experience writing test code using gtest (or similar) and writing tests for code coverage.
- Be able to read and understand UML diagrams.
- Experience using git and configuration management.
- Experience using CMake and Conan.
- Write clean code and follow coding standards.
- Be comfortable working with embedded devices.
- Understanding of how network protocols work.
- Experience working in containerized environments.
- Java experience is preferred.
Now that you know about the job itself, here is a little bit about you.
- Extremely smart when it comes to software, and a deep understanding of object-oriented language principles.
- Understand how multi-threaded applications interact, and the difference between synchronized and asynchronized communication.
- Thrive on working with very smart people from different disciplines and know how to motivate them, especially when the going gets tough.
- Are a problem-solver and trouble-shooter. When something does not work, you do what it takes to figure it out. The phrase “I don’t know” is always followed by “but I’m going to figure it out.”
- Are creative. You think about things through multiple lenses so that you come up with great solutions to complex problems. You do not default to the tried and true unless it makes sense to do so.
- Are a strong collaborator. You can work solo, but you enjoy sharing the lane with others.
- Take initiative. You do not wait for someone to tell you what to do. You see a need and you take it on.
- Are not fazed by a fast-paced and, sometimes, even chaotic environment. We are ambitious with our timelines and milestones, and often take risks to make larger leaps forward in progress.
- Have a deep sense of integrity. You believe in doing things well, not cutting corners, and treating people with respect.
HERE IS HOW WE ANTICIPATE YOUR FIRST SIX MONTHS TO LOOK LIKE, AS YOU RAMP UP
Within one month, you will:
- Dive deep into the product to fully understand the printer, including its subsystems.
- Gain a deep understanding of target customer needs.
- Contribute toward the software development timeline.
- Get to know the cross-functional team, including developing an understanding of each person’s focus areas and skill sets (spanning the hardware, software, and materials teams)
Within three months, you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of each subsystem and their role.
- Take a deep dive into applications on the 3D printer with embedded software.
- Learn the high-speed data transfers and Linux Realtime Embedded OS.
Within six months, you will:
- Contribute towards cloud applications and embedded systems.
- Use AI to help solve for the 3D printing challenges.
- Neural networks for future extraction.
- Be exposed to Open GL for rendering or image processing.
A BIT MORE ABOUT AZUL 3D
Azul 3D has a beautiful open workspace where teams collaborate cross-functionally and in person. Our chemical, electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, work together continuously on solving the next technological breakthroughs. We’ve built an inclusive culture that is geared to embrace diversity, seek different points of view, and encourage creative thinking. We pride ourselves on our values and our commitment to the team.
Azul 3D is leading the way in high throughput additive manufacturing. Our products unlock new avenues for technological exploration, enable amazing creativity and discovery, and empower manufacturers to take the next step on the Industry 4.0 journey. Azul 3D is looking for great people, like you, to help us accelerate our growth and the next wave of manufacturing through 3D printing. We have some of the most forward-thinking and talented people on the planet working for us. If you’re innovative and are ready to contribute to our team, we want to hear from you!
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous Paid Time Off and Flexible Holidays
Potential Equity participation
Azul 3DTM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status