We’re BB Imaging, a sonographer-owned imaging company with a reputation for excellence. It’s our mission to bring sonography services to every patient who needs them, regardless of income or zip code. Present day, we are doing that through TeleScan, a SaaS solution that bridges the gap between remote clinics and experienced sonographers to provide prenatal services in underserved communities. We are making a huge impact, and as one of “Austin’s Fastest Growing Companies,” we need your help.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current backend applications and processes. The Lead Software Engineer will guide their team of engineers in evaluating current codes and industry developments, formulating more efficient processes, solving problems, and creating a more seamless experience for users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help reduce maternal-fetal mortality. Let’s do this!
- 50% lead the engineering team.
- 50% write clean, functional code as an individual contributor.
- Work with the Product Team to deliver a user experience that delights patients and providers.
- Communicate the status of product development, budgets, and risks.
- Participate in an outcomes-based development methodology that incorporates agile, lean, and design thinking into an iterative process of Plan > Do > Check > Act.
- Help evaluate vendors, technologies, frameworks, and platforms.
- Develop innovative programs, products, and features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Record, evaluate, and report data to identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in continuing education to remain current on best practices and learn new programming languages.
IS THIS YOU?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, and RDS) | NodeJS | SQL
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Experience with Git—or some type of Version Control (If you know, you know.)
- Fluent in Lean and Agile methods
- Familiar with Design Think and User Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and suggest solutions (Bring your thinking cap.)
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strong leadership and deadline-meeting abilities (You’ve got a lot to do!)
- People person who can build relationships with staff, vendors, and clients
DO YOU SCORE ANY BONUS POINTS?
- Familiar with DICOM medical imaging and messaging standards
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with Testing Unit/Tests
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Python
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Docker (or some type of containerization)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience with Redis
- 36-hour FT work week
- Paid vacation
- 9 paid holidays, including your birthday! (Cake, anyone?)
- Did we mention? 36-hour FT work week
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 36-hour FT work week (Literally. Only 36 hours.)
- Parental and Bereavement leave
- Personal and professional growth benefits
- $$ Competitive salary commensurate with experience
BB Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to fair hiring practices that support women and babies in underserved communities. Our team represents individuals from diverse backgrounds while being inclusive of BIPOC, LGBTQ, military, and disability.