We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
BCG Digital Ventures has a Senior Data Scientist position open at our Kirkland, Washington, office for an exceptional candidate who’s truly excited to be on the cutting edge of technology and business.
Here’s Your New Opportunity
We’re a global team of the most accomplished designers, engineers, and product experts you’ll find anywhere. The new business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
In your role as the Senior Data Scientist at BCG Digital Ventures, you will:
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth
- Build innovative data products (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG Digital Ventures team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
How you can qualify for this position
To succeed in this position, you’ll need some very special attributes. You should be able to speak eloquently about data science and its application to the future of business, and also be as much of an eccentric inventor as an engineer; always curious, and eager to learn.
Specifically, though, we need you to have experience with:
- Techniques like: Machine Learning, NLP, Graph Theory, Deep Learning, AI
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala
- A Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- Delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Collaborating with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g.: cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.)
- Big Data and Fast Data (i.e.: real time streaming)
- Working with clients and executives
Additional Desired Competencies:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related area
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
To learn more, visit us at http://careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
About BCG Digital Ventures
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. We share risk and invest alongside our corporate and startup partners via a range of collaborative options.
Founded in 2014, we have major Innovation and Investment Centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, London, Sydney, San Francisco and New York, as well as DV Hatches in Silicon Valley, Seattle and Mexico City, with more locations opening in the coming quarters.
Our Centers and Hatches are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, operators and investors who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe. For further information, please visit www.bcgdv.com