Job Title: Senior Software Solution Architect – 5G Slicing Management & Orchestration
Our Wireless Network Orchestration & Insights team is at the forefront of 5G service
enablement and transformation at Bell. We’re leaders in E2E network services
orchestration with a passion for disruptive technology development and creative design thinking
that enable the Best 5G Experience for our customers.
Our mission is to advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world on Canada’s
Best 5G Autonomous Network!
Who are we?
The Wireless Network Orchestration & Insights team mission is simple: to build the best
5G autonomous network providing industry leading customer experience while enabling
innovation & growth in 5G & IoT services for Canadians.
What’s the role?
The 5G Slicing & Services Orchestration team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to
support our new technology introduction program as we launch & operationalize network slicing
at Bell. You will collaborate as part of a diverse & talented development team as we lead the
introduction of network management automation technologies using cloud-native best
practices to support our competitive differentiation in 5G services.
As senior software architect, you will drive design and architecture decisions that advance our
capabilities in E2E slice management & orchestration. You will drive change as part of a wider
E2E architecture community to continuously improve our cloud native software engineering
practices, public cloud technology transformation, and buy vs. build cognitive automation strategy
Strong engineering analysis and problem-solving skills, an attention to design detail, and a passion
for clean and scalable architecture is desired in this role. Your ability to effectively communicate,
both verbally and in written form, technical & non-technical are important to be successful. We
are seeking a smart creative and highly driven software engineer that is a proven cloud-native
architecture expert, a team first player able to coach junior team members while driven to innovate
in a diverse and agile development setting.
• Lead E2E slice observability and assurance automation solution architecture.
• Lead cloud architecture transformation & automation performance improvement
• Support E2E slice management & orchestration target architecture evolution and new
• Support API design practice improvement and productization enablement for network
• Author solution design and architecture documentation.
• Mentor and coach junior software developers.
• A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Telecom. Engineering.
• A public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) solutions architecture certification at a minimum
Your Knowledge and Experiences:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in network management solution development or
• Proficiency designing and architecting solutions within public cloud.
• Proficiency integrating public cloud services with on-premise technologies.
• Experience in DevOps / SRE practice.