The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
If you love…
- Community: Ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in numerous team building activities
- DevOps: We are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, TDD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Technology exploration: You will build the strategy and evolution of existing services, as well as future architecture
- Automation: You will have plenty of opportunities to destroy manual tedious tasks using innovative methods and tools
- Support: You will maintain production systems, troubleshoot issues affecting customers and fix outages
And you want to…
- Sharpen your skills with access to vast resources and the latest technology
- Collaborate with the development and infrastructure teams to find innovative solutions
- Explore the reuse of legacy components in the broader enterprise environment
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experience
- Be a leader and mentor who puts the interest of the team first
…then we want to get to know you!
Your role and responsibilities:
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the structure of the solution, and ensuring that it will meet the requirements. Since you’ll have to interact with individuals and teams that operate in an Agile mindset, you will have to help the team to work together in an agile fashion, to jointly own the solution, and to interface well with other parts of the organization.
Part of your responsibilities will be:
- Understanding the requirements – identifying the stakeholders, helping to analyze the requirements and extracting those of architectural significance
- Formulating the design – creating a solution structure which will meet the various requirements, balancing the goals and constraints on the solution,
- Communicating the architecture – making sure that everyone understands the architecture. Different people have different viewpoints, so the architect has to present various views of the system appropriate to different audiences,
- Supporting the developers – making sure that the developers are able to realize the architecture, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement,
- Verifying the implementation – ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture, and will meet the requirements.
- Inter-team alignment – Because some solutions require multiple teams to collaborate on, you need to ensure that the solution is delivered according to the architecture attributes & qualities, practices.
- Helping in continuous improvement efforts– Participating, with an architect’s eyes & arms, to help the teams improve in various challenges like Built-in quality and tests in our CI/CD pipeline, code & service decoupling, monitoring, Application resiliency etc.
From a Knowledge and Experience standpoint, we expect you to:
- Have a proven & solid background as a Backend Software Developer is a must
- Have an experience where you we’re able to lead / mentor a team on Object Oriented concepts, Design patterns, Domain Driven Development and other Software foundation
- Have 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect
- Understand the JCR (Apache Jack Rabbit Oak) and file system storage/tree storage concepts
- Be able to translate requirements into object-oriented hierarchies applying inheritance, encapsulation, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of Java, Apache, Maven
- Have a strong understanding and experience of
- Service Decoupling and it’s different Models (SOA, Microservices etc.)
- Apache Sling or comparable experience in handling HTTP request to resource mapping
- Sling annotations and appropriate usage are critical
- Java project modularization utilizing OSGi
- Design and implementation of external services integrations, via REST, SOAP;
- Integrating search technologies with AEM (Apache SOLR)
- Have a knowledge of how to develop and support multi-language and multi-regional sites
- AEM Components development best practices knowledge
- Usage of Sightly and Sling Models best practices and advantages
- Experience with AEM 6.5 and mainly on content fragments feature
- AEM clustering and environments architecture definition, understanding of replication concepts
- AEM dispatcher and CDN integration knowledge
- Experience with AEM On Premise
- Be familiar with Infrastructure and modern Infrastructure approaches like Virtualization, Containerization and Infrastructure as Code
- Have a knowledge of DevOps Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Have worked previously in an agile environment
- Have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Be able to adapt your message within the audience you’re communicating with.
- Be able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team