We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Data Team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Data & DevOps, you will be responsible for planning, delivery and mentoring data engineers. In this impactful role, you will work with partners across the organization and be instrumental in cross-team priorities and management. The most successful candidates for this role will be experienced software engineers who have transitioned to leading individual engineers and delivering complex data engineering solutions.
- Own and drive execution of product and technical roadmaps
- Take a leadership role in our hiring, and onboarding processes
- Provide mentorship and perform regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Help improve the processes and patterns of data engineering at BenchSci
- Engage with ML, Science, and Product teams to help deliver complex projects with high quality promptly
- Analyze, plan, and develop standards in reference to upcoming company projects
- Be a standard-bearer for culture who works towards building a cohesive team united by common engineering principles
- Delegate tasks and manage all technical issues within your team
- Work with your team to improve quality and productivity
- Be someone defining and contributing to cross-team initiatives and vision
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional developer
- 2+ years of experience working as an engineering team manager
- Experience in a leadership role providing technical direction to less senior staff
- Experience delivering complex development projects
- Solid experience with relational databases and data modelling
- Production experience with data processing tools such as Spark or Beam
- Software engineering experience in Python
- Well-versed in Agile practices
- The ability to understand and explain complex systems, and independently learn new technologies
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.