We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Search team! Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll apply your technical and domain expertise to solve complex product challenges; participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project-related team meetings; and work with other engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet our needs concerning functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
- Help design a new version of our back-end systems and APIs that expose bioinformatics data to power all applications on our future roadmap.
- Contribute to software design and architecture by using cloud design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle
- Partner with engineering team members and other teams to devise and refine the new system’s requirements
- Work with your team, Staff Engineers, and Engineering Managers to help break down complex deliverables into small, iterative components that can be delivered incrementally in production.
- Help improve our deployment and data release processes and increase the quality standard of documentation on the new system.
- Work on client-facing projects involving some of the largest Pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Employ best practices in using a broad platform of technologies within a cloud-based environment
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve exciting data problems
- Communicate cross-cutting decisions to all potentially impacted teams.
- Focus on what makes an impact
- Be provided with an opportunity to grow constantly.
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional developer
- Experience in Python and Django, and expertise in developing API solutions with this stack
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- Cross-team collaboration and communication skills
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.