BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and an outstanding provider of global investment management, risk management, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from detailed fundamental and quantitative active management approaches sought at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to global capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
This is an opportunity to work with iShares®; the most comprehensive family of exchanged traded products. We are seeking an ambitious individual to join the Research and Analytics team within iShares.
The mandate of this team is to build commercially driven tools and research. Our team contains finance professionals, researchers, quants, computer scientists, and data analytics engineers. Our outstanding team structure enables taking innovative and commercially relevant ideas, prototyping them rapidly, and commercializing them – all within one team. We do so by using the vast array of tools and data available within BlackRock and augmenting with specialized applications suited for rapid prototyping. The team is highly sought after to tackle data- and analytically-intensive challenges and present them in intuitive and visually compelling ways. Given the sophisticated nature of our business, we value open communication and eagerness to learn.
What makes us special as a company
We have a meaningful mission statement: help more and more people experience financial well-being, allowing them to have better health, education, and retirement.
As the biggest asset manager, we are among the top companies globally and have a highly secure and established financial pedigree.
Our Budapest center is growing dynamically so there are always new opportunities.
BlackRock is socially responsible, there are many volunteering opportunities
BlackRock is a FinTech company with an equal emphasis on technology and finance.
There are a lot of perks, e.g. unlimited holiday, free learning sites access.
Compared to many big companies, employees enjoy more freedom to provide input, make decisions and express their opinion.
What makes us special as a team
- We are free to choose our tools and technologies. We use open source, industry standard, up-to-date technologies.
- Even though we are a tech team, we have the opportunity to learn about our business domain and what is our impact on our clients.
- We are responsible for delivering projects end-to-end, including planning, architecting, and coding.
- We deliver complete solutions as we have frontend, backend, data engineers, and UX/UI designer expertise within the same team.
- We can work with colleagues across the globe (San Francisco, London, etc).
- We are passionate about our profession. We keep learning and sharing our knowledge internally and externally.
You should be
- Curious about your profession. Follow industry trends on the constantly evolving web development landscape.
- Chooses technologies based on business value instead of hype.
- Take full ownership of the end result, not just do what you were told to do.
- Diligent to quality, may it be code, design, code review.
- Ready to think about the big picture including user experience, business analysis, DevOps.
- Interested in learning finance
Required Skills and Experience for Front-end Engineer
- Experience with Angular, React, or any competing UI framework
- Participate in evaluating new tools and technologies
- Experience with requirement gathering, software design, testing
- Eager to collaborate within a team, and with our broader internal community
We value if you have
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in UX design and usability
- Experience in designing REST API
- Interest in backend, knowledge with microservices and cloud technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes