Bold is hiring international talent!! If you are interested in making a Bold move, apply now!
Bold is looking for a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer to design systems and tools for our Development teams and IT Operations. The overall goal for this position is to unite agile, continuous delivery, and automation to help our development and operations teams be more efficient, innovate faster, and deliver higher value to our Merchants. We’re looking for a self-starter with awesome programming skills and the innate ability to identify opportunities within our systems, specifically Linux.
As an SRE Developer you’ll be developing self service tooling to allow developers to quickly and effectively develop and deploy new and existing applications. You’ll also play an integral role in contributing to the design and architecture of monitoring systems, as well as investigating and resolving issues with production infrastructure. As a key member of a 6 person team, you’ll be responsible for training other developers to use tools such as Docker and Kubernetes and building out our Cloud infrastructure on GCP.
What is Bold Commerce?
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative eCommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their eCommerce stores truly awesome.
Barack Obama, Rooster Teeth, and DJ Khaled are among the list of 80,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of eCommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We’re made up of nearly 300 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe eCommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the Builders Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
Here’s What We Need From You:
– Desire to get shit done
– Belief in our core values
– Ability to cultivate trust and build relationships both internally and externally
– Experience in documenting system requirements
– Experience in automating deployment and scaling processes to ensure continuous and reliable services
– Experience writing software that sees a lot of production throughput is a must!
– Experience training developers in tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
– Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
– Strong understanding of infrastructure networking and concepts
– Strong programming skills, preferably in Go, PHP, Ruby or Python
– Must be available for on call rotation once a month
– At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
– Hours of work are flexible with occasional scheduled overnight maintenance
– Be a generally awesome human being. We want someone cool to work with. It makes the office a better place for everyone!