Bold is hiring international talent!! If you are interested in making a Bold move, apply now!
The Bold team is looking for full-time Intermediate and Senior Software Developers to help us expand and grow our suite of eCommerce applications. Our development methodology follows the agile manifesto closely. We believe in allowing our developers a lot of responsibility and autonomy, so we offer a casual and fun work environment with flexible work hours.
What is Bold Commerce?
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative eCommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their eCommerce stores truly awesome.
Barack Obama, Rooster Teeth, and DJ Khaled are among the list of 80,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of eCommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We’re made up of nearly 300 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe eCommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the Builders Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
Here’s What We Need From You:
– Desire to make shit happen- delivering scalable eCommerce solutions
– Find pleasure in working with other mad skilled developers
– Belief in our core values
– Motivated and passionate about shipping high quality software
– Experience designing and building highly scalable distributed applications
– Proven ability to take a feature from concept to production
– Ability to apply software design patterns in a real-world environment
– Have an understanding of web security
– Experience working with and designing REST APIs
– We don’t need you to be a chatterbox but we want you to share your knowledge and be a great mentor
– Minimum of five years of work experience
– Post Secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent program and related work experience
– Passionate about shipping code
– Being a generally awesome human being. We want someone cool to work with. It makes the office a better place for everyone!
Other skills that will get you far:
– Comfortable with Linux
– Experience with or interest in TDD, CI, and CD
– Experience working with Laravel, or other Symfony based frameworks
– Front-end Frameworks like React, Angular or VueJS
– Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another Cloud Platform
– Concourse CI, Jenkins or other CI software
– Neo4j or other graph databases
– Impress us with anything else you can do! Juggle knives, make a killer mixtape, or baking delicious pastries