Who We Are:
Braviant Holdings is a leading provider of analytics and technology-driven alternative financing solutions for consumers. We currently operate two brands: Balance Credit and Chorus Credit.
With an office in downtown Chicago, we are growing rapidly and looking for smart, passionate people to help us develop into a market leader in the fast-growing fintech space. Our industry is anticipated to grow up to 10x in the next 10 years. Come join us as we work together to streamline the borrowing process and transform how people access credit online.
Our technology team in Chicago is looking for a Software Engineer to help build out our platform in support of our rapidly growing lending business. This role will be instrumental in designing and coding a flexible, highly scalable online lending platform. We are seeking a strong, technical, hands-on engineer who enjoys solving complex problems and writing great code in a fun and fast-paced environment. We work hard but we also have lots of fun!
- Analyze and understand the business requirements, design, develop, and test high performant code in-line with the business requirements.
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural artifacts.
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Primarily work in the middle tier/backend service layer of the architecture. Ability to work in various other layers of the software stack from the database to the UI a plus.
- Stay up to date with tools, trends, and technologies in the FinTech space.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of hands on programming experience, full-stack experience a plus
- Ability to demonstrate experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Spring, Spring boot, Postgres
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to help them implement testing strategies.
- Basic Experience with cloud hosted applications on Amazon AWS including AWS EC2 instances, S3 storage management, Elastic Beanstalk, Simple Queue Service
- Solid understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, MVC, Architectural Layers, etc.)
- Experience with Git (Github / BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban, Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Ability to thrive in startup environment with heavy workload, competing priorities, and less structure than more established company