Must be open to considering relocating to Quebec, Canada. This position is NOT remote.
Hey there, Busbud is looking for Backend Developers to join Busbud!
Busbud is looking for senior or intermediate backend developers with diverse experience to join our talented team of developers. Our challenges are evolving, and as a API and data specialist, you will have a great impact on the platform and systems that support our customers, partners, products and team.
Who we are:
Busbud is the largest online travel agency specializing in intercity bus and coach travel with the widest global coverage. Travelling is our passion, and we work hard to offer the most comprehensive network of city-to-city travels. We are live in over 80 countries, 21,000 cities and offer more than 2,300,000 bus routes. Our goal is to provide a more environmentally friendly, accessible and interconnected world for everyone.
What you can expect from this opportunity:
– Become an owner and expert across numerous services and applications within Busbud.
– Anticipate technical issues at an architectural level, service level or product level and make savvy architectural and design decisions to prevent them.
– Exemplify software development excellence by balancing scope and deadlines to deliver on quality and speed with appropriate test coverage, monitoring and rollout plans.
– Multiply the effectiveness of peers by facilitating cross-squad work.
– Make our services fast, scalable, fault-tolerant, and accessible for our users.
– With partners spanning the entire globe, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies and different cultures.
Overview on “squads” at Busbud
The Busbud product and engineering team is made up of smaller focused groups we call squads concentrated on improving different areas of the Busbud business, providing members with great autonomy, a high level of ownership and a better opportunity to help one another make a difference for customers.
Skills and Requirements How can you impress us?
– You have multiple years of experience developing, testing, releasing and supporting code that you’ve written. With your experience you can identify the potential for a problem before it happens and can help shape decisions to prevent issues before they get to production.
– You are sought out for technical guidance. People respect and trust your opinions.
– You absolutely love what you do, you are detail oriented and you are always keen to invest in your future by learning new things.
– Whether you would give yourself the title of DevOps or not, you have experience at the infrastructure level and are comfortable (or willing to learn) how to spin up, optimize and maintain core technologies.