ByteNite is looking for 1 professional figure to join full-time its launch team in Milan and contribute to the corporate growth. The Android Developer will help ByteNite team building a grid computing framework supporting distributed video processing.
ByteNite is an Italian American startup founded by Fabio Caironi and Raffaele Di Crosta, with the aim of building a highly scalable mobile distributed computing system for utility computing.
The Android Developer will help ByteNite team building an Android Application that interfaces with ByteNite system and its distribution pipeline.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prototype, implement and take care of the entire application lifecycle of our mobile Android Application supporting distributed video processing and interact with multiple devices by continued testing and debugging.
- Work with other developers to create sustainable, well-architected solutions that are built to last and collaborate to oversee the whole development lifecycle.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application by also identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fixing bugs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as Android Developer in Java or Kotlin.
- 2+ years of experience in Android Native Development Kit (NDK), CMake and LLDB.
- Good knowledge of Python programming.
- Familiarity with Embedded Systems.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, client-server model and SOA.
- Good knowledge of English language (spoken and written, level C1/B2).
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins and similar) and TDD.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subjects.
- Experience in virtualization in-app and VM on mobile related issues.
- Good knowledge of one Android major framework and library such as Jetpack, Koin, Dagger, Coroutines, RxJava or good knowledge in one major frontend architecture such as MVP, MVVM, MVI.
We’re putting time and effort into building a disruptive technology that will change the classic paradigm of outsourced computing by enabling common users to share their computing capacity. That’s why we expect participation and an enthusiastic approach from our candidates, with an interest in writing and customizing complex frameworks as well as a business-focused mindset. Whether you are an avid developer, you like complex problem-solving or you’re keen on distributed systems, ByteNite is the right place where you can unleash your potential, becoming part of a team and a family that will grow with you.
Job location: Milan / partial remote
Job type: Full time