ByteNite is looking for 1 professional figure to join full-time its launch team in Milan and contribute to the corporate growth.
ByteNite is an Italian American startup founded by Fabio Caironi and Raffaele Di Crosta, with the aim of building a highly scalable mobile distributed computing system for utility computing.
The Software Engineer (Video) will help ByteNite team building a grid computing framework supporting distributed video processing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain microservices to support server-side video transcoding.
- Work with other developers to create sustainable, well-architected solutions that are built to last and collaborate to oversee the whole development lifecycle.
- Conduct in-depth research activities on media codecs and containers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with C++ and Python programming.
- 1+ years of experience with FFmpeg tools and libraries.
- Solid knowledge in modern video codecs such as H.264, H.265, VP8/VP9 and AV1 and in adaptive streaming technology especially HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Experience in building media streaming and transcoding pipelines.
- Good competence in data engineering and algorithms.
- Good knowledge of English language (spoken and written, level B2+).
Additional preferred competences:
- Familiarity with 3D rendering process and technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subjects.
- Agile Software Developments: Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins and similar), TDD and pair programming.
- Good knowledge of the Go programming language.
We’re putting time and effort into building a disruptive technology that will change the classic paradigm of outsourced computing by enabling common users to share their computing capacity. That’s why we expect participation and an enthusiastic approach from our candidates, with an interest in writing and customizing complex frameworks as well as a business-focused mindset. Whether you are an avid developer, you like complex problem-solving or you’re keen on distributed systems, ByteNite is the right place where you can unleash your potential, becoming part of a team and a family that will grow with you.
Job location: Milan / partial remote
Job type: Full time