Software Engineer, Big Data Analytics
Location: Sydney (Required)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Work/Educational experience in Big Data Analytics
- Expertise/Knowledge in data analysis and in tools related to data engineering, including but not limited to: Pandas, Matplotlib, Apache Spark etc.
- Experience in designing big data pipelines and performant databases, and in handling large amounts of real time data
- 4-5 years of experience in software development with one or more programming languages: Must (should already know) – Python, Optional – Go, Java
MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning.
Experience with one or more of the following: neural networks classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, predictive analysis.
About the Job:
At Canopus Networks, we are embarking on an exciting journey to be a world leader in AI driven network analytics. We have just secured an exciting $10m+ Series A investment and we are growing our engineering team. Engineers at Canopus develop next generation technologies to identify, classify and analyse Internet traffic data in real time. Scalability, Accuracy and Agility are the key pillars of large scale Canopus distributed systems. We are looking for a self-driven data engineer who would bring fresh ideas and add value to the Canopus team. Being in a start-up, you will work on a multitude of things in a fast paced dynamic environment, providing an opportunity to have high impact on the products, while learning heaps of new skills.
Competitive salary plus stock options
Flexible working hours
Job location at beautiful UNSW campus
Internal coaching and mentorship
Opportunity to work together with great set of folks
Startup work culture
Smaller team, bigger impact