Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- With a focus on Scalable and Secure system you will be developing web applications, services and integrating different enterprise applications in a scalable and reusable manner
- Design and develop scalable web-services using Restful architecture.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Eager to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams.
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, best practices and contribute new ideas.
- Stay current with the latest development best practices.
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability and performance.
Required Knowledge And Expertise
- Must have at least 5-8 years of industry experience.
- Must be proficient in Scala and/or Java.
- Experience with Spring related technologies.
- Very passionate about OO design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system (we will ask you to design a system during the interview)
- Capable of leveraging basic Data structures and algorithms to solve problems
- Work with minimal technical supervision and supplemental engineering support
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD) is required
- Is familiar with SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with building Microservices based architectures.
About ChimpChange LLC
ChimpChange is a mobile banking service available in the US. ChimpChange accounts provide customers with a more useful bank account than a traditional account provided by incumbent banks.
The first benefit of ChimpChange is you can create an account within minutes, like while sitting on a bus on the way to college. We conduct full KYC (Know Your Customer) checks as required by the US Patriot Act. When a customer passes the first 'gate' of identity verification, they then pass into Out of Wallet questions, to further weed out identity thieves. No more visiting branches and having to show physical ID to open a bank account!
After a customer passes through full KYC we open an account for them. The account is a bank account in their own name, with an Account Number and Routing Number, a debit MasterCard and their money is insured by the FDIC.
You can direct deposit your pay into the account, link one of your other bank accounts to it (like your Chase or Citi account), or load cash into the account at any 7Eleven, Walmart, CVS, Kmart, Walgreens or RiteAid.
You can deposit a check that will clear into the account in real-time by taking a photo of it.
We auto-categorize your spending, so you get great visibility into how and where you are really spending your money. We present your spending to you both in graphical format and in a more traditional transaction history view.
You can send money to anyone in the US using only their cell phone number. Whether they are a ChimpChange member or not doesn't matter, we will take care of the rest!
You can take money out of the account by spending on your debit MasterCard anywhere in the world MasterCard is accepted, or make a free ATM withdrawal at any MoneyPass ATM, or push it back to one of your linked bank accounts.