At Christie, we give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. The results can be amazing!
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete systems displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
At Christie Digital, we specialize in large-scale projector displays. Our technology is used to projection map on everything from sports arenas and theme park attractions to buildings and statues, turning any surface into a canvas that can be painted with light!
Large location-based entertainment often requires the use of multi-projector blended displays, with each projector warping video content to the projection surface and blending away overlap zones. This results in a smooth, seamless display of light on any surface you can image.
In the Software Solutions Development Team, we strive to improve the audience experience through mapping and calibration techniques by developing our flagship product, Mystique.
Mystique is an extremely powerful tool capable of computing the geometric and illumination relationships within a projector-camera system. It is also capable of pushing warps and blends to our projectors and media servers. Check out some of our work.
Our team works collaboratively with other teams at Christie, including the Research and Development team to integrate new methods and technologies into our products.
What sorts of things do we work on daily? The whole pipeline!
- Camera and projector device interfacing
- Camera/Projector baseline (geometry) calculation
- Point cloud generation
- Point cloud and model fitting
- Image warp and blend calculation
- Colour correction and compensation
- User interfacing
- Camera and projector device simulation
- Camera/Projector luminance and resolution analytics
- 3D object manipulation
- 3D view controls
- NVIDIA Jetson platform
What languages do we use?
What’s the team like?
We’re a tightknit group within the larger Christie family. We have a wide range of experience and academic foundations including Engineering, Math, and Computer Sciences, and actively learn from everyone. The team enjoys flexible work arrangements, and we have a mentoring program for all team members. We use an Agile development process. We often have team lunches and have an appreciation for good food and board games.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Systems Design Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent problem solving, spatial reasoning skills
- Outstanding Object-Oriented programming skills (C/C++ preferred)
- Experience working with 3D virtual environments or Machine Vision systems
- Ability to understand multiple coordinate transforms in 2D and 3D space
- A record of demonstrating initiative and the pursuit of your ideas
- A strong passion for problem solving and continual design improvements
Additional Experience (bonus points):
- OpenCV, CUDA, OpenGL, NVIDIA Jetson, and Linux experience
- Analysis and simulation skills
- Robust, maintainable coding and code commenting
- IP based networking
- Hands on experience testing, measuring, and prototyping both hardware and software solutions
If you are looking for a new challenge we want to hear from you! Get in touch with us and we can tell you more about our exciting opportunity.
Christie Canada’s full-time positions offer a competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits and employer-matched pension plan.
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.