Our health and wellbeing are governed more by our environment and lifestyle than by our genes. At Chronomics we enable you to quantify how your environment and lifestyle is affecting your health, so that you can make positive changes to live healthier and happier for longer.
We are looking for a highly skilled backend developer with experience in at least one of these languages (Go/Node.js/PHP) and some dev ops (AWS) knowledge. As an early stage start-up we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty which could be anything from learning a new language, building an API in Laravel or optimizing an AWS pipeline. You will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way.
Normally wear a suit to interviews? Probably not your gig..
- Can write secure, scalable, readable code in at least one or two languages
- Experience designing and scaling databases
- Designing, building and consuming REST APIs
- AWS (Lambda /EC2/S3/ECS etc)
- Happy on the command line
- Agile development
- Familiarity with mobile and web development
- Work as part of a focussed team, but at the same time self-driven and able to work independently.
Nice to have:
- Some dev ops (CI/CD/Docker)
- Experience working on high scalability websites
- Experience with big data
- Have worked with genetics data
We envision a world where health management is proactive not reactive, and personalised not generalised. A world where we are in charge of our own health and not left to the whims of others. At Chronomics, we are utilising longitudinal biological data to bring about this revolution. A revolution where not only will people be in control of their own future but also in control of how they contribute to the future of humanity through the use of their data.
We’ve combined cutting edge wetlab and computational approaches, a fantastic team and best practice in management and communication to go from our founding to launching our customer-ready product in less than 6 months. And this is only the beginning.
This product is just the first step towards a platform technology that will serve as the interface between the biological and digital world – as we continue to expand what is possible for our customers.
Our desire for accessibility and openness is present in our company’s culture of communication and integrity, in the usability of our products, in our open exchange of ideas with our collaborators and in our commitment to our users complete ownership of their own data. We put people and the team first – recognising that you get more out of people if you treat them well, respect that they have lives outside of work, and value them for who they are, both personally and for the contribution they make.
We believe that in working this way, we have the opportunity to create not just a company, but a community that fundamentally improves how we live.
· Competitive salary.
· Share options – early contributors will benefit from our success.
· Fortnightly brainstorming team lunches (we order in).
· Our flexible working hours mean a family (& life) friendly environment.
· Be your most effective – flexible policy on office or home working.
· We’ll provide the laptop and IT you need to do your best work (macbook pro with monitors – you name it!).
· Business book budget – Need a book? Order it no questions asked.
· Friday pub sessions.
We aim to reply to all candidates within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better professionally and technically and providing you with the opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do.
1. CV screening
2. Phone interview (30 minutes)
3. Face to face interview (0.5 day)
How long will the process take?
It depends! It usually takes just 1-2 weeks depending on your availability – we are a startup so we can move fast!