We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
At Enterprise Digital, we’re building the bank of the future. As Senior Manager, User Experience (UX), you will play a key role in the development and execution of CIBC’s Enterprise Digital strategy. You will be part of a dynamic digital agile strategy team, that works collaboratively across the bank, to research and validate experiences for our clients and stakeholders. You will support decision-making by answering key questions about client needs, market trends and emerging technologies. You are a skilled storyteller, strategic thinker and a master of your craft. You put our clients at the core of everything you do. The focus of this role will be flexible to meet the needs of our evolving digital strategy as the industry changes and our needs evolve.
Your Job Function Will Include:
- Collaborating closely with Project Managers, Analysts, Designers and other team members to prioritize research opportunities and understand technical requirements and business objectives as they relate to product design.
- Manage the end to end research process and transformation initiatives including planning, surveying, conducting research, analyzing results, and providing recommendations very quickly, both independently and in collaboration with internal CIBC business teams.
- Write reports including findings and recommendations that drive user discovery and future design improvements. Deliver key data driven insights and recommended actions in an easy to digest and persuasive manner that influence stakeholders decisions.
- Lead a team of UX Researchers and Designers, providing guidance, leadership and support.
- Serve as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
How You’ll Succeed
- User Research & Usability Testing – Plan and execute usability testing & stakeholder interviews to solicit feedback from external users and internal teams with the intention of incorporating the feedback into concept and/or application development.
- Curiosity – Always ask “why”. Proactively research consumer and competitive trends to inform our capability roadmap.
- Strategic Thinking – Think big and connect the dots. Develop the strategic vision for new digital capabilities keeping the end to end client journey top of mind.
- Excellent Communication & Storytelling Skills – You have a demonstrated ability to communicate complex analysis and results clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building – Understand that collaboration is necessary for success. Manage complex stakeholder relationships, ensuring all partners are appropriately engaged and updated.
- Design excellence – You’re passionate about inclusive design, usability and performance – and understand it requires consistency, design inclusivity and research.
- Growth mindset – You support agile, innovation and change, making sure our designs are fast-paced, scalable and future-proofed. You leverage your deep understanding of visual design principles to help communicate and design systems.
Who You Are
- You have a robust understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, and know when and how to apply them during the product development process. You have experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis).
- You have experience with design thinking and an appreciation for understanding user experience through research, information architecture, usability testing, and applying it to create compelling digital experiences.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You enjoy uncertainty and ambiguity. You understand that to innovate you must be comfortable deciphering what needs to be done next.
- You’re a story-teller and are comfortable with consolidating, documenting and presenting research findings, often from multiple sources, in short, concise, actionable, compelling stories to large audiences at varying levels of the organization.
- You have a minimum of 4+ years of UX design with at least 3+ on hands-on research experience
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What You Need To Know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.