Senior Python or Java Script Developer – API
Charlotte or Fort Lauderdale, North Carolina (Hybrid)
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 50 office locations worldwide. With more than $1.8 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs. For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Proprietary software solutions and innovation are at the core of what differentiates Citco in the alternative investment space. Through our network of global development centers, Citco invests heavily in technology development, security, and infrastructure to ensure our clients continue to receive award-winning products that underpin our commitment to service excellence.
As a core member of our Hedge Fund Accounting IT team you will work with dedicated professionals to ensure our clients maintain access to their critical information assets while keeping Citco ahead of industry trends.
HFAIT department manages the core accounting platform (Æxeo®) and data warehouse within Citco. The platform is used by clients globally and is the first true straight-through, proprietary front-to-back solution for hedge funds that uses a single database for all activities including order capture, position and P&L reporting and accounting. In fact, these roles provide a great opportunity to serve as a Senior API Developer on the direct and interrelated projects related to a new Citco application development project, and existing technology projects.
- Participate in entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-End Developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Design and develop Microservices systems with Python, Node.js, React, SQL, etc.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Plan, create and execute test cases applicable to user stories to ensure coverage for AExeo products
- Develop solutions that are scalable, high performing, maintainable and meet high quality standards
- Participate in peer reviews of code to ensure adherence to development standards
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Participate and contribute on all team activities such as sprint planning, daily scrums and retrospectives
- Work closely with members of the Architecture and DevOps teams
- Communicate and provide updates on assigned tasks while taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Follow emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Application Development experience
- 5+ years programming experience in Java/IDE Eclipse/Maven framework
- 3+ years programming experience in NodeJs/Python
- 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or CodePipeline
- Experience with Project Management tools such as JIRA
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Knowledge of financial industry is highly desirable
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of responsibility and service minded attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills and to contribute to a team culture centered on continuous improvement
- Organized, accurate and self-motivated
- Think creatively and propose options/solutions to challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively in a global team environment
Your wellbeing is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.