FIND YOUR MISSION
Missions are accomplished with people, driving towards a greater purpose. At ClearCompany, our mission is to help our 2000+ clients achieve theirs. When talking to our own team of A players, you’ll find that it’s not only the opportunity to drive this mission forward that keeps us thriving. It’s the freedom, flexibility, and support ClearCompany provides back which contributes to our professional development and the pursuit of our personal missions and passions outside of work. Learn more about our state of the art, cloud-based talent platform and why you should consider joining us here.
Finding, engaging and retaining top talent is difficult to do in today’s work environment. We should know because we’ve been helping small and medium sized businesses do just that through our unique talent management SaaS platform for almost fifteen years. As a leader in talent management software, we’ve also learned a thing or two about what it takes to run an amazing company. So if you’re looking to join an organization that cares about its engineers, believes team collaboration is a better way to problem solve, and provides a supportive environment where you can advance your career, come join our engineering team at ClearCompany! We’re a rapidly growing and financially stable company with a bright future and lots of opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Software Engineer at ClearCompany, you will join our talented, collaborative and inclusive engineering team to help create new products and maintain existing features. Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives, which has helped us build the amazing culture we have today. That culture, along with our core value of “Ideas Over Egos”, has enabled us to not only create an excellent technical platform but also an environment where everyone’s voice can be heard. We’re very proud of the culture we’ve built. But don’t just take our word for it – check out our GlassDoor reviews!
Wondering what the first year on the job looks like? Here’s a glimpse:
- Ramp up on your new position through our extensive developer training and with guidance of an assigned mentor starting on your first day
- Join one of our engineering pods and learn the effective habits of highly successful engineers
- Gain exposure to our extensive code base by making feature enhancements and addressing bugs throughout our platform
- Contribute to the build out of multiple major product development initiatives
- Work with an array of modern technologies
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
You’re probably wondering what we use for our tech stack, so we’ll list the major ones below. Don’t worry if you can’t check off all the boxes. Good engineers pick up new technologies quickly, and we are very experienced at training new employees on our tech stack.
- Back-end: C#/.NET Core, MySQL/Entity Framework, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Front-end: React, TypeScript, Websockets, Sass
- Infrastructure: AWS using EC2, S3, Aurora…and the list goes on and on
By the way, when we say we’re collaborative, we mean it. More than half the engineering team helped write this job description!
WHAT WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- At a Level II: You have 2 – 4 years experience working alongside a team of engineers to build and maintain full-stack web applications
- At a Level I: You have earned a B.S. in Computer Science from an accredited university OR, in lieu of formal training, have had 2+ years experience working alongside a team of engineers to build and maintain full-stack web applications
- Enjoys creating and supporting software that helps our clients do their jobs better
- Understands how writing maintainable code contributes to a healthy development process and production environment
- Likes partnering with Product Management to explore and scope business and technical requirements to help us decide where our products should go
- Loves solving problems through collaborative discussions and whiteboarding with fellow engineers and stakeholders across the company
- Possesses a natural curiosity towards understanding how the technical parts work together
- Makes mistakes, reflects on them and applies lessons learned going forward to help themselves become a better engineer and person
- Contributes to a very supportive engineering team that embraces learning opportunities and explores emerging technologies to help each of us advance our skill sets
The base compensation for this position at a Level II is $110,000 to $130,000 depending on experience and qualifications. The base compensation for this position at a Level I is $90,000 to $110,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT CLEARCOMPANY
- The people! Our employees and customers consistently express the best thing about ClearCompany is our close-knit, exceptionally talented team. Check out our achievements and G2 reviews.
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion. Engagement = Inclusion. Your uniqueness powers our vision of a world where organizations perform optimally with empowered managers and engaged employees. Not only will you transform how we do business, but you will be a catalyst to change the world of work for our 2,000+ customers. We have an employee driven DE&I task force, partnership with Change Cadet DEIB Advisory Services, and we support employee engagement channels such as DE&I, LGBTQIA+, Women in Tech, and Women in Leadership.
- Outstanding benefits. Flexible vacation, 90% employer paid medical/dental/vision, 401k with match, and even pet insurance. We’ve got your back so you can live your best life.
- It’s about ideas over egos. You will have the freedom to explore new ideas and approaches in an entrepreneurial environment, supported by a collaborative team. Learn more about our core values.
- Professional growth. We have promoted 24% of our team members annually compared to 11% across the industry and open new roles to our employees first.
- Our environment! We celebrate success and believe in transparency and teamwork to get us there. We invest in collaboration tools so you can meet with your team face to face. You can even drop in for a virtual coffee break, connect with your ClearCompany mentor, or jump into a training session with our Learning Managers. Check out our Great Places to Work Certification and Glassdoor reviews.
ClearCompany is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage diversity.