Senior Java Developer – Full Stack
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
As a Senior Java Developer, you’ll join forces with our talented team in an evolving suite of software products. You will have the opportunity to make your mark on both front and back-end development within our software applications. You will participate in the design and creation of user interfaces, applying consistent look, feel and function, while also driving the development of robust backend logic.
As an ideal candidate, you’re not just a skilled Java developer – you’re a collaborative visionary. Your ability to forge connections between diverse elements and think beyond conventional boundaries is what sets you apart. In this role, you won’t just be a developer; you’ll be a driving force in a cross-functional team that oversees the complete software development lifecycle – from the spark of an idea to the final product deployment. Your contributions will be pivotal as we navigate through various use cases, ushering our products into new realms and ensuring the company’s growth remains on an upward trajectory.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Conceptualize, design, and build web applications by turning wireframes into exciting features
- Work through the complete software development lifecycle, from scratch to launch
- Design user-based interactions through an impactful front-end architecture framework
- Develop functional databases, applications, and servers
- Code for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
- Manage database administration and hosting responsibilities
- Troubleshoot issues and solve problems where needed
- Collaborate via GitHub comments, documents, video conferences, chat platforms, or in person as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 5+ years of experience in building large-scale software applications
- Knowledge of back-end languages (Java, Python, PHP)
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud and App Engine development
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
Based in Ottawa, Cliniconex is a software company that has spent the last 10 years focused on making a difference in our customers’ lives. This has resulted in a healthcare-focused communications platform used by over 5,500 medical professionals in 80 sub-specialties and over 2,600 senior care homes.
Each month, Cliniconex triggers more than 1 million meaningful engagements between healthcare providers and their patients and residents. From appointment reminders, booking notifications, patient queue displays, and survey tools for clinics, to outbreak notifications and care plan reminders for senior homes, Cliniconex offers a host of light touch solutions aimed to automate repetitive tasks so staff can focus on what matters most: caring for patients/residents.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Employee stock option plan: every Cliniconex employee has the opportunity to earn their stake in the company’s success.
An awesome team to work with: we are biased, but we feel we have an awesome team.
Competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package: great coverage for medical, dental, vision, and more!
A flexible work schedule and lots of vacation: some of us are better at mornings than others… You do you!
If you’re ready to elevate your Java expertise to new heights, collaborate in ingenious ways, and be an intrinsic part of propelling our products into uncharted territories, then this is your moment. Join us and make your mark as we reshape the future of product development.