Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be based in one of our US offices and will be part of Cloud by McKinsey. This group brings together the best of McKinsey’s cloud capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
Our Cloud capabilities, including our recent acquisition of Candid Partners, are now under one new, unified brand name – Cloud by McKinsey. We bring the best minds in business and cloud technology to clients’ cloud transformation journeys. We are driving end-to-end value delivery, coaching and capability building, overall lower cost and higher ROI of cloud transformations, and effective collaboration with other third parties. We will continue to bring our deep industry and functional expertise to cloud projects and Candid Partners’ distinctive assets will be incorporated into the work processes, including their Matter platform, which assists in planning, provisioning and managing cloud security compliance.
What You’ll Do
You will provide leading-edge technology solutions to Fortune 100 enterprises and will play a critical role in driving the strategy, architecture, design, and implementation of Google Cloud initiatives.
In this role, you will design enterprise cloud technical strategy, and define and document cloud solution architecture(s) including technical designs and diagrams. You will design and deploy dynamically scalable and highly available services on Google Cloud platform. You will design and implement cloud infrastructure solutions for distributed systems and applications, and design and architect cloud migration and cloud-native solutions. You will also design and implement automation pipelines for deployment into Google Cloud Platform.
You will be responsible for building and deploying production systems in Google, and will design infrastructure as code structure including Terraform. Lastly, you’ll devise enterprise strategies around containerization, serverless and API management, participate in every aspect of the development and operational areas, and design cloud network connectivity architecture.
· 5+ years of experience in Cloud computing to include migrations, large scale implementations and CI/CD
· 7+ years of experience developing custom software with Java, Python, C++ or Ruby
· 3+ years of implementing unit tests or automation frameworks
· 3+ years of solution design/documentation and deployment experience with Google Cloud Platform
· GCP cloud migration experience
· Understanding of multi-Cloud/multi-zone-based designs
· Strong understanding of Cloud automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, YAML, and CloudFormation
· Familiarity with Containers such as Docker (Preferred: Container orchestration – Mesosphere, Kubernetes, ECS)
· Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions
· Virtualization experience (VMware, Xen, HyperV)
· Databases understanding: Oracle, DB2, MySql; (Preferred: NoSql DB, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
· Natural enthusiasm and ability to learn cutting edge technologies