Be Part of Our Next Chapter
For over 50 years, we’ve been creating immersive experiences for some of the world’s leading brands and their customers around the world, and the best part is… we’re just getting started on our next chapter.
We’re a global technology company focused on creating dynamic, smart, personalised and engaging customer experiences powered by our range of digital hardware and proprietary content management system. (For example: If you’ve ordered in-store or in the drive-thru at McDonald’s somewhere in the world in the last few years, chances are you’ve interacted with our digital solutions.) We work in over 50 global markets and have 9 offices around the world, with a global headquarters proudly located in our founding home of Sydney, Australia.
Coates Group has the values of a family-owned business and the innovative spirit of a start-up because of our unique evolution. Through hard work, dedication and creativity, we’ve become industry leaders who have won awards and set records. We are a 2x Australia Good Design Award winner and we successfully completed the largest hardware deployment in Quick Service Restaurant history.
We are curious, charismatic and authentic. We are imaginers, solutionists, experts, makers, thinkers and collaborators. And together, we are creators, allowing us to make our purpose a reality – to create immersive brand experiences for everyone.
- To work with the latest web technologies and libraries to produce high quality, well commented, and well-tested code.
- Continued design and implementation of our React/Angular/NodeJS-based web applications from technical specifications and UX wireframes.
- Drive and contribute to application architecture discussions and decisions, aligning with
industry best practices.
- Peer review code and fully feature test applications.
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-level developers.
- Apply your knowledge and experience to fresh new problems and projects when they arise.
- 3 years of industry experience as a senior software developer using industry-standard front-end
- frameworks as well as NodeJS backends
- Experience with modern frameworks such as React, Angular (version 6+), and/or Vue.js
- Experience consuming/building production-ready, RESTful web applications
- Experience using test frameworks and building well-tested code
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
The competencies required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Experience working with abstraction layers, ORMs, and UI component frameworks such as
- Material-UI, Angular Material
- Experience working with complex state management architectures and related libraries
(redux, flux, ngrx, rxjs)
- Excellent understanding of design patterns and when to use them
- Experience with dealing with ambiguity – pulling apart complex, incompletely defined problems and solving them
- Agile working environment experience and TDD approach• Experience working with build tools such as create-react-app, angular-cli, webpack, and gulp
- Ability to produce quality enterprise-grade code within time constraints
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced team of like-minded developers
- Experience working with HTTP 2.0/Web Sockets/SSE is a plus
- Experience working with JSONAPI is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English and general communication skills
Join a Crew that Cares
Be part of a global team of talented, ambitious, creative people that value integrity, individuality and inclusivity. (Ask us about our Equality + Empowerment Initiative and why we believe your unique perspective makes a big difference.) It’s Coates’ commitment to empower and develop its people that sets us apart. This is done through Crew-first policies like an annual market competitive bonus program, opportunities for rapid growth and our “Thrive Program”.
The cornerstone of Thrive is our flexible work approach, which includes a suite of flexible work options because we’re strong believers that you should never miss an important life or work moment. Thrive also provides dedicated time to prioritize our health and wellbeing (think virtual Yoga or meditation sessions), a Global Wellness paid day off to recharge as well as a “Give Back Day” to allow our Crew an opportunity to make an impact in the community.
Be inspired To Be More
We skip the red tape and aim to always stay nimble. We’re proud of where we’ve been and are energized by where we’re going. We encourage ideas and perspectives because we know the more we have, the better we are. We work hard but have fun along the way. We push the boundaries but keep it real and authentic. We believe in the values that got us here are the ones that will continue to lead us forward. We are excited by what we’ve accomplished, but know the best is yet to come.
Whilst we are operating under a Hybrid work model, Coates Group recognises the ability to work this role remotely and are open to any location suiting the Sydney timezone.
If this is you, be sure to apply!