Want to apply technology in ways that make life more enriching?
We think the digital experiences that make up more and more of our everyday lives should be seamless and engaging—even magical. Using our unique recipe of specialized skills and digital alchemy, we engineer experiences that help businesses engage with users, and users engage with the world.
The source of our magic comes from our people. We continually strive to be better versions of ourselves—and have fun while doing it. If a career creating innovative experiences and digital products sounds exciting, we hope you’ll consider joining our amazing team.
Codazen is looking for an exceptional Software Engineering Manager with professional experience and a passion for creating leading edge web-based and cloud solutions. They will oversee diverse agile teams responsible for delivery of complex projects for high-profile customers. Must be highly motivated and excited to work in a collaborative and cross-functional team, demonstrating an open-mind and a propensity for developing strong relationships, and can easily adapt within a fast-paced and actively evolving environment. We are looking for both a leader and team player that exceedingly inspires, strives to innovate, doesn’t hold back in driving positive change, holds exceptionally high standards for themselves and those around them, genuinely enjoys working with talented teams, and has an enthusiastic sense of humor.
- Lead engineering teams responsible for development of highly visible and impactful web experiences and intelligent web/cloud applications
- Ensure best of breed agile software development practices are adhered to while continuing to evolve with the industry
- Develop exceptional engineers and future leaders by being engaged and committed to their personal and professional growth
- Derive company success from the success of your engineers and the value they bring to our clients
- Build high performing teams both through active recruiting and diligent performance management
- Engender positive company culture through humility, collaboration, and a focus on continuous improvement
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading or managing software engineering teams
- Experience working on enterprise scale, highly trafficked, high-profile websites or web applications
- Firm understanding of PHP, Python, or other object-oriented server-side languages for the web development
- Experience with N-tier and SOA application architectures
- Understanding and practical experience with complex data structures and database design
- Extensive experience building secure, scalable software systems (UI, APIs, data persistence)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Experience with agile software development processes (e.g. Scrum)
- Some travel required (up to 20% within West Coast)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, or similar
- Masters degree in Computer Science a plus
- Related certifications a plus
What Codazen Offers
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company contribution)
- Profit sharing
- Company bonus
- Income protection plans (life, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability)
- Free drinks and snacks when onsite
- An incredible leadership team that cares about your development
- Flexible, hybrid schedule
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.