Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Located in North-West Austin in Texas, the Austin Innovation Center is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who wants to contribute and make a difference in Home Security and Home Automation across the United States and Europe. Located in north Austin, Texas, the Xfinity Home team is responsible for planning, designing, developing, testing and delivery of high-quality essential platform services.
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and product managers to develop features for the Xfinity Home platform running in AWS. The primary responsibilities will include developing middleware and/or micro-services for the Xfinity Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing Web Services. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
– BS in Computer Science or equivalent or 7+ years of related experience
– Proficient in object-oriented programming language
– Fundamental understanding of the HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols
– Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design
– 5+ years of hands-on experience building microservices and web applications
– Strong debugging skills
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
– Familiarity with cloud computing and AWS
– Experience programming in Java, NodeJS, GO, or equivalent
– Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda, S3, EC2, Fargate, Aurora, MySql
– Knowledge of source control systems like GitHub Enterprise, GitHub, or similar
– Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
– DevOps experience
– Test automation experience
Our Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer