Are you up to the challenge of protecting Comcast’s next generation set-top-box (STB) applications, services, and content?
Does raising security to a level where hackers are not even motivated to steal or attack excite you?
Do you have strong reverse-engineering skills?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE
For this position, you will be joining a team that is actively working on massively scaled distributed systems that are at the core of the X1 platform. Our series of applications serve close to a billion transactions daily and must maintain high levels of uptime in order to deliver a satisfactory customer experience. Your daily responsibilities will include collaborating with the team to resolve security vulnerabilities assigned to you by your peers in the remediation team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
– Write tested, production-ready application code and scripts to remediate vulnerabilities
– Participate in scrum teams
– Perform code reviews
– Participate in joint design and architecture sessions
– Collaborate with extended security team for recommended remediation approaches
– Interface with other engineering and security teams providing apps or middleware for Comcast X1 platform
– Help advance the goal of building-in security to all Comcast products
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
– The burndown rate for the security vulnerability backlog increases
– There are zero high risk vulnerabilities over 30 days old
– The Comcast X1 Platform team considers you an indispensable team member
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
– Understanding of web application, middleware, and application architectures
– Experience with scaled cloud applications
– Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
– Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
– Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
– A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
– A culture of innovation and continuous learning
– Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
– Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
WHAT WE REQUIRE
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
– 7+ years of related experience
– Extensive programming experience in Java
– UNIX/Linux background: command line utilities and scripting
– Experience with developing distributed systems and asynchronous messaging
– Experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra and Couchbase)
– Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, OpenStack,VMWare, and Kubernetes
– Familiarity of Infrastructure Automation tolls (e.g., Packer, Terraform, and Ansible)
– Firm understanding of internet protocols, including TCP / HTTP
– Experience with C, C++
– Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PERL, and SWIFT on the Linux platform
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned