CrossLang is a Ghent-based technology company specializing in Machine Translation (MT) and multilingual Natural Language Processing (NLP). Our interdisciplinary team, bringing together business analysts, engineers, linguists and researchers, provides human language technology services for multinational corporate customers. To support our growth in the MT/NLP market, we are currently looking for a Full-Stack Developer. An ideal candidate will be a Software Engineering expert with a strong background in DevOps.
You will implement in-house solutions (mainly for building Deep Learning models) and customer projects (mainly back-end), and assist in planning the deployment and maintenance of the software you develop. A team of experienced developers and AI experts will support you in your daily work, with stand-ups, pair programming, sprint planning, etc.
We are not a start-up, but the pioneering R&D atmosphere at the company will give you plenty of opportunities to get on-hands experience with exciting research and technology.
We are looking for a senior developer, so we expect the following skills:
- Proficiency in the use of Linux, including shell scripting and basic systems administration.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++.
- Experience with version control , build, and bug tracking tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
It would be nice if you have one of the following skills:
- Experience working with NLP toolkits such as NLTK, OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP.
- Knowledge of machine learning technologies like SVM, MaxEnt, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, and clustering algorithms.
- Knowledge of language modeling, parsing, syntax trees, dependency graphs.
- Mother tongue other than Dutch, French, English, German, Polish, Russian, Italian
CrossLang is a privately-owned consulting and systems integration company (SME) dedicated to translation automation technology with particular expertise in Machine Translation (MT) covering various MT technologies including Rule-Based MT, Statistical MT, Neural MT, Hybrid MT, commercial as well as open-source. Services range from evaluation programmes, pilots, implementation, customization programmes, to building customer specific engines.
CrossLang has dedicated its development efforts to keeping MT open and vendor-independent, resulting in its flagship Large-Scale Rapid MT Prototyping SDK/framework. CrossLang has participated in numerous EU programmes and Flemish projects and works for global corporates and organizations, as well as SMEs, not-for-profits and language service providers. The team consists of 15 professionals with solid expertise in language technology, machine translation, software development, business process automation, computational linguistics, agile project management and machine learning. CrossLang is a board member of LT-Innovate and of the executive committee of EAMT.